Thursday, October 17, 2013

Better Late Than Never

I'm 27 years old. That means that 2 years ago, I said that I would write a list of 25 things I had accomplished in my first quarter of a century and 25 things I wanted to accomplish in the next quarter. Perhaps one of those things I wanted to accomplish should have been this list.

But as they say, better late than never. Plus I'm pretty bored right now.

25 things I did before I was 25 (In no particular order):

1. Graduated from high school
2. Got my first job
3. Went to Japan
4. Served a full-time mission
5. Learned Japanese
6. Received my endowments in the temple
7. FINALLY graduated from MCC
8. Hosted a party that had more than 30 people in attendance
9. Made new friends
10. Got my drivers' license
11. Took my first road trip on my own (to Utah)
12. Got into BYU
13. Got engaged
14. Got married (you can see by engagement being a separate event that I am trying to drag this list out =P)
15. Made my first cheesecake :)
16. Went back to Japan
17. Hiked the Wave

Ok guys...this is actually getting quite hard...

18. Helped to rebuild the engine of a car
19. Tried Thai food for the first time
20. Made a menu plan/grocery list and stuck to it for 2 months straight (sadly I think that's my record)
21. Went backpacking for the first time
22. Saw Journey and Foreigner in concert
23. Went to Seattle for the first time
24. Tried skiing
25. I was awesome...most of the time. =P

Phew Phew! Seriously that was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I know I did a lot of stuff before I turned 25, but remembering it all was hard.

Now for the next list. For this next one I'm going to pretend that I wrote this 2 years ago because there are some events that technically already happened, but they happened after I turned 25 and and I still feel they are important.

25 things I want to do in my next 25 years:

1. Graduate from BYU
2. Have a baby or two or three or...you get the idea surely
3. Buy a National Parks Pass and visit enough national parks for it to be worth buying
4. Go to Japan with Andrew
5. Take a road trip up the coast from San Francisco to Seattle
6. Make sourdough bread
7. Pay off the student loans
8. Buy a house
9. Try skiing again (yep, did this...I'm officially done)
10. See mamatus clouds
11. Learn to menu plan as well as my mom
12. Find a traditional family vacation spot for our own family
13. Understand even just a little bit what the heck Andrew does for work
14. Go to Europe (you know...just to change it up a little =P)
15. Get a puppy!
16. Hike the West Coast Trail
17. Take an Alaskan Cruise
18. Visit all the National Parks in Utah
19. Hike Half-dome
20. Hike the Wave with Andrew
21. Take a Kayaking trip on Lake Powell
22. Build my own kayaks
23. Make my own ramen noodles
24. Try fly-fishing
25. Be happy

Yep, admittedly some of those items are kind of shallow...or lame. Oh well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Broken bones and ambulance rides don't even get a mention in your first 25 years?

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?