Welcome back fellow readers! If anyone is reading... I guess I can't so much blame people for not reading, as my life is not really that interesting here in Arizona, but I am posting anyhow because I can.
Still no pictures to accompany this post so I'll try my best to keep things short. You might be in luck cuz as you can see, I have a headache. Yet here I am, perched in front of my television and straining to see the things I type. What can I say, I'm dedicated to my blog. =P
So today I had a job interview at U-Haul. It's for a work from home position taking calls for reservations over the summer. It sounds like a pretty good job, and I could continue working in Utah when I go back to school. That'd be pretty nice.
The interview was this morning in phoenix so I got up early, made myself presentable, and was out the door to go fill up the car with gas before I drove down there. I had a 20 dollar bill on the sink and thought I should pick it up before I left but I was like "nah".
BAD idea. Turns out that I went to the gas station and my card got declined. I have no idea WHY...I have money in my account, I checked last night. But declined it was. grr!so I had to turn around to get my mom's card...and then THAT one was declined! I was in a bit of a panic at this point, but apparently God had mercy on me cuz my card started to work again and I made it just in time for my interview.
I had to take a geography test and a typing test. I did pretty well on both, but I flipping hate Canada. I don't know where ANYTHING is is Canada. Except Vancouver.
Anyhow, the interview went ok and even though I didn't have a good feeling going into it, they still offered me a second interview, which is good. I am still not willing to count on this though...we'll just have to see. They haven't called and set up an next interview. Keep me in your prayers k?
So they had me do a drug test...note to self, next time I have an interview, I should drink lots of water before hand just in case I have to take a drug test... I spent a good hour reading magazines and drinking water. It was kinda annoying.
Other than that, I watched Death Note with my sisters and laid on the couch cuz I had a headache. I managed to take some time out to make myself a steak on the barbecue. It was ok...but I've got a long way to go in the art of making a delicious steak on the barbecue.
What else is there, well I got a letter from Ali today. She's officially coming home in less than a month! It does me no good though because she's getting released and then immediately turning around and going back to visit her mission. So I have to wait like another week to see her. Then comes my dreaded year mark. Officially home for a year. ew.
All the other days since my last post have been pretty much the same. Get up, text Andrew, say my prayers, apply for jobs like crazy, whine to my mom cuz I'm bored, call andrew, read a book, call andrew, write in my journal, pray, read my scriptures, go to bed. About once a week, the temple gets thrown in there. And there you have it.
I don't know if I mentioned it last time but I've been reading a lot lately. For a about a week there, I was averaging like one book a day. I just finished Ender's Game and though I found a lot of the book kinda sad and slightly disturbing, I thought overall that it was very well written and enjoyable and I thought the end was very appropriate. I'm thinking about tackling "Wuthering Heights" next.
I miss Andrew. That's pretty much all. Whoever thinks long distance relationships aren't that bad, is completely one hundred percent crazy. It SUCKS. Hardest thing I've ever done in my life. True story, the end.
I get to see him in 2 weeks though!!! ^______^
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?