Hello again everyone! When we last left me, I was looking for a job and had a promising one at Uhaul waiting. Well, the good news is that I got the job, but I don't start until July 13th. I also got a job recently was a pet sitter, watching someone's dog while they are here for a business trip. The dog, who's name is Ziggy, is an adorable scottish terrier puppy and I'm excited to meet him!
Other than that, the days til I go to Utah can almost be counted on one hand, but the days seem to be going even slower than they were before! I've been able to skype with Andrew a lot lately, because I got a new computer, but its really just not the same. They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and I'm inclined to believe its so.
So about my shiny new laptop. It's black and its name is Toby (short for Toblerone). It has 4 gigs of memory and a decent amount of HD space. It comes complete with an Intel i5 processor and we got it for 500 dollars. Yep yep! I love Toby! Not as much as I love Andrew of course...but I still love Toby.
In other news, I was reading the news today cuz there's nothing much more to do. I tried to do DDR but one, I suck more than usual; and two, I have decided that in Arizona,DDR is a winter, night sport at best. I'm so hot!!!
Anyhow, so I've been reading about the oil spill and looking at sad pictures of birds and turtles covered in oil, and I'm hoping those environmentalist freaks are happy with themselves because now, instead of seeing an offshore oil rig, they get to see the horizon dotted with their precious animals suffering and dying.
I guess its the practice right now to point fingers and blame people. I can't say any one person is to blame, but if you ask me, the first people to blame are those stupid tree huggers. No...I'm not particularly fond of environmentalists. Does that mean I hate the environment? No. But I think radicalism in any circumstance is just that, radical.
I like the outdoors, and I like animals, and I am all for doing my part to protect them. But I like humans too (mostly...some of them, like environmentalists, should be thrown into our now oil infested oceans) and I am all for living. The earth and everything on it was put here for human use. I do believe that we are stewards of the earth we inhabit and we have a responsibility to take care and not abuse it; but I also think that we have a responsibility to survive as a species and we need things like oil to do that, until a satisfactory replacement comes around.
So what do I think? There is nothing wrong with offshore drilling dang it. It doesn't ruin an afternoon at the beach to see an oil rig in the distance...it's not like they are everywhere you look. So who gave stupid Washington (DC, not state...even though there IS a high populous of tree huggers in WA) permission to listen to the stupid tree huggers anyhow?
I do think there is something wrong with endangering lives of animals and humans alike, jobs, and habitats, so that you can get a perfect view of the stupid sun set at night. Well, its the Atlantic, so its the sunrise.
There are a lot of things in life that I don't really agree with. Most of the time I don't get involved in political stuff cuz its dumb. But when you have as long as I do to sit and do nothing else, you think about stuff. Like immigration laws in Arizona. Let people boycott us. I don't care. I just want the illegal immigrants gone and out of the taxes that, if I had a job, I would pay. But hey, maybe if the illegals were gone, I WOULD have a job.
Oh wait. I do have a job.
Anyhow, I'm not against immigration. Just illegal immigration.
What other kinds of things do I think about? Oh yeah, the people who post comments on the online news stories. HA! Ok, occasionally you find a gem in there of common sense and rationality, but most of the time its only idiots that post. consider the following examples
On a story detailing the recent earthquake in Ottowa, Canada:
"Special Reminder:
Did you only study science? Not enough, you should learn religious studies too. Many reasons for earthquake, for example, 1: Destroyer will born or 2: A holy boy will born on this earth or 3: A good man practices to attain enlightenment, but you all ignore his moral value so that mother earth reminds you, 4: Natural earth did not like you used many natural resources.
If you do not understand or still ignore my messages, you will suffer and you all learn these things in life, science did not cover that kind of knowledge. The point is that learns and support what he or she wishes to do in this planet. After his or her wishes fulfilled, the earth will be normal position.
A good person will change whatever he or she wishes."
WHAT!? It was just a 5.0 earthquake...nothing was even damaged...
Anyhow, that one was just funny. Anything that merits a larger headline than that is usually full of one, typos; two, ALL CAPS (cuz that's mature); and three, hatred. I realize that after my last comment, I guess I can't bash the hateful comments...I was bashing tree huggers. But the point still stands.
So that's my musings on life, the universe, and everything. So long, and thanks for all the fish! ^__^
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?