Monday, September 19, 2011

Episode 74: In Which it is a Very Important Week for Jessica

I'll just cut to the chase. This week is very important because I paid off my student loan yesterday!

Most of us are lucky enough to get by on Pell Grants and working. However, a select few of us are not that privileged and though I firmly believe the money has been completely wasted with all my jumping around to majors, what has been paid has been paid and there is no getting it back.

I originally took the loan out because I wasn't approved for a Pell Grant back when I started school at BYU. However, I have since been approved every semester and so I have been able to curb my loan amounts and keep it at about 5500 dollars.

I haven't paid the ENTIRE thing off, but last night Andrew and I were able to pay off a sizable chunk of it. We paid the unsubsidized part of the loan which was accruing interest. (the rest is interest free while I'm in school).

So, its a small triumph. Let me have it. :)

Now I must go do homework until I die. But hopefully before I die, my tomatoes will be finished sundrying. :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow...

    I owe like...20k+ in loans.
    I am SO jealous of you (not in a bad way, more of in a "I'm ridiculously impressed and amazed that not only were you able to keep your loan amount so low - but that you've paid off so much of it and wish that I'd been smart enough to do that as well!")
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late to start :)

    Honestly, I was late too. We sold my piano before I got married and that would have paid them ALL off...but did I do that? no. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well - I kinda need to find myself a job first (otherwise, I'm just paying off loans with loans :p)

    lol but I bet the money was put towards the wedding (which was awesome!) - so...at least int he short run it was great! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, if only it was put towards something. Nope...I just bought groceries with it. My grocery bills were HUGE that semester...but at least I ate well? =P

    And I guess I paid rent with it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant something like that...don't know why I cut myself off at "something" =P

    and glad you enjoyed the wedding. So did I...but for entirely different reasons because we did NOT get any of the delicious foods. =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha well... groceries and rent are always nice!

    Oh, well - I didn't eat anything at the wedding (too busy worrying that I might miss photographing an important moment :p) - But it certainly was all very pretty!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?