Sunday, September 25, 2011

Episode 76: In Which Jessica Does Little Reflection on the Age of 25

So I thought about reflecting on what I have accomplished in my first 25 years of life, and then making goals for the next 25 years...but I work better in the short term. (PS. Adriana, don't worry about not knowing my birthday, its not on facebook because I could care less who knows or remembers, but thanks! :D) (<---that looks like a smiley with a double chin)

So my goal for the short term?

Make English Muffins!

Seriously, who doesn't love english muffins? And who is always appalled at the price when they buy them? (specially if you're picky like me and HAVE to have the Thomas brand muffins?) But seriously, 2.50 for 6!?!?! no, let's try 68 cents for 10. (maybe 12 if you're awesome...but we'll say 10...cuz that's how many I made.)

So yep! Goal accomplished! I haven't tasted them yet, but they sure look delicious. (you can tell I got better as the batch went on. Turns out, medium high heat in a cast iron skillet translates to super high heat...so I turned it all the way down to low before I had the right temp)


Yes, they will go splendidly with the fresh blackberry jam that my mother-in-law sent us (which to be honest is the whole reason I made them). And because I made 10, I can even take one for lunch in my adorable new lunch box...and I can have hot chocolate with them in my awesome new thermos. I know, you're all super jealous of me.


It took about 3 and a half hours to make, but it wasn't very labor intensive. For most people, I don't imagine they'll want to spend 3.5 hours of their lives in the kitchen...but it worked for me. :) I thought it would be annoying to toast them in the pan 3 at a time instead of throwing them in the oven, but it wasn't too bad. If you want to try, the recipe can be found here. The author was kind enough to price it out...which is why I know how much it cost to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?