Friday, September 23, 2011

Episode 75: In Which Jessica Makes the Obligatory Blog Post...While Eating See's Chocolates

Well, another birthday has come and gone and I am now 2 days (3?) into my second quarter century.

I haven't noticed much different about being 25 except that you eat a lot more. Ok I ate a lot more once...and that was on my birthday. I got a 1 pound burrito from Del Taco and ate the entire thing. I was surprised.

My birthday landed on a Wednesday this year, which made it less than exciting since all my art projects are due on Thursdays. I spent most of the day bent over a line drawing turned painting turned collage. Andrew also had tests to take and didn't come home until 9 or 10.

By that point I was bent on finishing my project and so I hardly noticed when he tore pages out of the National Geographic on the floor. I didn't think much of it when I heard the noise of dishes clinking in the kitchen, either. Presently, he came into the living room and asked me to take a break which I did. When I turned, he was holding a small package wrapped in National Geographic pages and tied with a bow he made out of paper. I should have taken a picture.

He wrote me a note saying there were also 4 presents hidden in the kitchen and I needed to go find them. If you've seen the size of my kitchen, or heard me complain about it, you would not think this would be difficult...yet it took me like 15 minutes. He had cleverly NOT wrapped them so they blended in with everything else.

Smart Husband. :)

So here is a look at what I got.


The See's chocolates were easy because they WERE wrapped...and how would that blend into the kitchen anyhow. But you can see how I might miss the other things. Not pictured here is the extra set of shelves that Andrew bought for the cupboards. That is what all the noise was earlier; it was him putting the dishes on the shelves.

I have the greatest husband ever!

I admit I knew the chocolates were coming, but everything else was a complete surprise. He knew I wanted a rolling pin (and that exact style) from a conversation 6 months ago on the proper shape of rolling pins, and the shelves he thought of because I was always mourning the lack of space in the cupboards. The thermos wasn't even something I wanted until I had it and its probably my favorite gift. Andrew just got it because its getting cold in the mornings and he wanted me to be able to have hot chocolate as I walked up the hill to school. (I hate that hill, and I'll hate it even more in the snow)

You're probably wondering about the disposable camera. It's a placeholder until we can afford the camera I want. :)

Like I said. Best husband ever.

Then I finished my art project, got Del Taco, and went to bed. Happy happy day. :)

In other funny news, we went to Tucano's for my birthday dinner last Saturday. That was also the day of the BYU-U of U game and also some high school's homecoming.

The result of the three combined was this:

It's blurry because I was trying to be sneaky, and flashes aren't sneaky. But that is a group of students ditching their homecoming dance to watch the game through the window of a restaurant. School dances are lame I understand...but was it really worth skipping to watch UofU hammer BYU? That loss was hilariously embarrassing, worst one in 50 years at least. The final score was 54-10 I believe. Heh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, how did I not know about your birthday? Tim and I gotta fix that. Happy late birthday!!!

    I keep waiting for the one day that a cookie will pop out of the computer... It still hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks! :)
    I took it off of facebook a long time ago so no one gets reminded of it/you probably never knew, so no hard feelings :) With it not being on facebook I figured no one would remember and I didn't mind it that way actually. But if you do want to know, for future reference it's September 21st.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?