Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Curry Udon

I asked Andrew today if it was weird that I cried during UP! and he said yes. Dang it!

Whatever.

In other news, I went to the store yesterday and got 5 and a half pounds of apples. I am going to make apple butter. I'm really excited.  :)

Yes, my world revolves around food. Even my english teacher noticed. The last essay I wrote was about the Paleo Diet (By the way Kaylynne, I got an A on that one. Thanks!) and this one I'm writing now is about eating red meat. Even though I'm trying to convince people to eat meat sparingly in this one...its kind of hard to be convincing because I am arguing with myself. But yeah, 2 papers in a row about food. Go figure.

And because I know you all want to know when I'm ACTUALLY going to make something instead of just saying that I'm going to make something, I made curry udon the other day.

I made it for my birthday dinner. The fact that it was my birthday and the fact that I made my own dinner for it are completely irrelevant. It is curry udon. With homemade udon noodles!

Udon noodles are pretty easy, and really fun for kids to make (I would imagine...they were fun for me...). There is a TON of gluten development in making udon so you can't knead it with your hands very much. Just rolling it out was a chore and my arms were sore the next day. Instead, you put it in a plastic bag and STEP on it. :)

It's so much fun! You should try it sometime.

The noodles themselves aren't complicated. Just flour, water, and salt. But if you make them, don't be like me and forget that they're going to swell up in the water. I cut them sorta thin I thought but they were HUGE after I cooked them. =P Next time I'll cut them to only 1/4 inch. =P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?