Monday, October 8, 2012

Is UP! an Emotionally Traumatizing Movie? ...Or is it Just Me?


 Andrew and I watched UP! on Friday and I forgot how that movie just rakes your emotions across the coals. It's AWFUL! The first part with Carl and Ellie had me completely sobbing and then when I thought it was over, Russell starts talking about how his dad never comes to his scout stuff anymore and what they used to do together. When he talks about watching cars from the curb and eating ice cream and then says sadly, "It sounds pretty boring, but I guess it's the boring stuff I remember" I just wanted to throw myself at the TV and scream "I'LL EAT ICE CREAM AND COUNT CARS WITH YOU, RUSSELL!!!"

Ahem. Then when I finally get over the sadness at seeing this adorable little fat Asian kid sad because his dad is a jerk, Dug shows up on the porch even after Carl is mean to him and says "I was hiding under your porch because, I love you". I lost it. Nothing like the unconditional love of a dog to get your eyes wet and nose running.

Curse you movie. Curse you.

4 comments:

  1. Those are tender moments, but I can only think of one time that I was that emotional about such movies lol. Cough cough :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I am fairly certain I was just as emotional the first time I watched it. I've just had 3 years to forget just how bad it was. It'll probably be another 3 years before I watch it again. =P

      Delete
  2. Not going to lie, I was thinking the same thing as Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm not. I think. I hope. We cannot afford that so you two just keep those thoughts to yourselves until I graduate...someday...

      It really is an emotionally traumatizing movie though. I promise.

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?