I finished my finals. Last night was my last final and also the one I've been dreading since forever. I can't remember if I mentioned it, but for my persuasive writing class, I had to give a speech based on my final paper.
Speeches are terrifying for the majority of people, but for people with social anxiety, they are...really bad. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I got up in front of the class, barely said my name, started crying and breathing really fast, nearly passed out and finally begged my teacher for mercy. In the end I was allowed to give my speech from my desk. It was amazing what a change that made. I was hardly scared at all.
So I scraped through decently enough. I don't know when I'll know my grade. I ended up getting an 89 on my final paper. Not bad. I got points off for being nearly a page short but trust me, there was nothing left to write. I'll pass the class, but my grade is pretty iffy. If I managed to squeak out a B- on my final, I'll barely get an A. If not, I'll get a B+. Disappointing? Perhaps.
What is more disappointing is that I am on the edge between a C and B in one of my favorite classes. I was so terrified of failing this writing class that I put all my effort into it and neglected my other classes. I also put what energy I had left into one of my other classes because it was frustrating me. Fascinating, yes. Hard, definitely. I tried all semester and never got above a B on anything. So I put all my effort into two classes and used what was left for my last two. That's how the semester goes sometimes.
So odds are that I'll finish the semester with straight B's. Not bad considering it was a very difficult semester. It's a little disappointing to be that close to an A but whatever. It's over and I never have to take a writing class again! And whatever grades I get, they're grades I worked for so...I can't complain TOO much. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?