In fact, the world is full of mostly hoorays. There's only one thing I can complain about and that is almost over, thank goodness.
I had the flu yesterday. At least I think I did. I actually had a fever this time. It came on really fast so it went away really fast. I won't bore you with details. Andrew gave me a blessing so I'm all better. I also took NyQuil It was gross, but I didn't trust my tummy to handle any pills. It also meant we had to miss the Powell family Christmas party...that was a big bummer. But it also means we have 4 bottles of Martinelli's all to ourselves. =P
My hoorays are that it's snowing! It started last night but I was in bed and didn't want to move. I'm glad its still snowing so I can see it. I think it's starting to let up now, but we got a good 2 inches here in the valley I think. And the forecast calls for snow on Christmas eve. HOORAY!
Also, I got an A- in my english class. Pretty good since I was shooting for a D-. =P I tried to keep myself from panicking by telling myself that I could get as low as a D- and still pass; it's just a general anyhow so it doesn't matter. However, I was so scared of failing that I put all my effort into the class. As a consequence, I didn't get very good grades in my other classes, but that's life. I ended the semester with two A's and two B's. Technically 3 A's but one was a 1 credit class and those are usually just pass/fail and do nothing for one's GPA.
I didn't re-apply to the photography program this semester so I can't add that to my list of not-hoorays. I'm seriously debating re-applying...I didn't have the motivation to do anything this semester. Even take pictures. You may have noticed a lack of pictures on my blog lately...
I also went to the doctor today and got a new prescription for Zoloft and a couple more ideas that might help me. As it turns out that's why I've been crying so much lately over stupid things. But it seems like the Health Center has a light therapy machine that I can rent to help me through the winter months. I love the snow and everything, but with our apartment so cold, we have a heavy blanket up over the only window to the living room, and our bedroom doesn't have a very effective window either.
So hopefully this will all lead to many more hoorays and more motivation to do things.
I did manage to roll up my sleeves and clean the kitchen. It's a Christmas miracle, I have counter space again! Of course, it's partially due to the kitchen-aid being over at my brother-in-law's apartment. I need to go pick that up. But still, there's space, the cupboards aren't threatening to spill out on me every time I open them, and there are no dishes in the sink! The only thing preventing me from going in there is that it's cold. Really cold. And also that if I go in there and cook, the sink will no longer be clean. =P
Also on a list of hoorays, CHRISTMAS!
I've been working a bit more so our Christmas activity budget isn't so tight. Andrew and I also got about 200 back for our books. I think we're going to go to Gardner Village this weekend and also take the train to Salt Lake and wander around City Creek and Temple Square. It's been nice to have this whole week preceding Christmas off of school. It's much easier to plan holiday fun when you aren't trying to survive finals.
I hope your life and holidays are filled with as many hoorays as mine is! And I hope it is filled with a lot less flu and flu imitators as mine has been.
Yay for hoorays! Have fun on your Christmas adventures!
ReplyDelete