Wednesday, December 26, 2012

White Christmas

I finally got the White Christmas I've been hoping for pretty much all my life. It wasn't snowing on Christmas, but we had a decent storm come in Christmas Eve. It sorta set into motion a huge chain of events that may or may not have worked in our favor. The end result was that I realized white Christmases aren't nearly as magical as I thought they once were.

It was snowing pretty hard when we left for Andrew's aunt and uncle's place. We locked ourselves out of the house, but that's not important. The drive there was slow but not bad. Then we headed up to Park City. Due to several setbacks brought on by snowy conditions including driving up Point of the Mountain (If you think its bad to drive around it in a snowstorm, try going over it) to borrow a 4 wheel drive car from someone and realizing when we got there that we needed a 4 wheel drive car to get us to the house to GET the car. Andrew and I have chains so we were OK until we got to Park City, but his aunt and uncle needed the car. It took us about 4 hours to get there. To put it in perspective, it only took us an hour to get home.

So that was our snow adventure on Christmas Eve. None of this is what shattered my magical image of white Christmases though. What ruined it was being married and enjoying having my husband home. I realized that for me to have a white Christmas, someone else's husband has to spend the day running the same route in the snowplow keeping the road clear and safe for everyone else. Pop. Image shattered. I felt really guilty actually.

But in the end we had a great Christmas, I got many new kitchen appliances and equipment that I don't have room for, and we borrowed a lock pick kit from our friend and got back into our apartment. And now it's snowing again and it's not Christmas so everyone is back at work and I don't feel guilty enjoying the snow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?