Hello! how are you all today!?! When we last saw me it was snowing and guess what! It's snowing again! Yeah! you wanna see pictures!?! I get to walk towards that everyday on my way to school!!! well sorta...that's actually south of campus on the way to Sterling's apartment.
That actually leads me to what I was gonna talk about! Today I went to Sterling's apartment to make Yakisoba. I actually provided the Yakisoba and the tim tams, but I took the stuff over to his place because he and Tyler live south of campus so I figured I'd go to where they live instead of making them both come out to my place.
Anyhow, upon arrival at Sterling's, I was less than shocked to find the kitchen a mess. That's what you get for cooking at a boy's apartment I guess. Well I can't work in a messy kitchen so I rolled up my sleeves and started to do the dishes. Well, I couldn't just stop there (though there were a LOT of dishes...try like every dish in the apartment almost, including the blender!) and I had to clean off the table and straighten everything up. As I was finishing up I realized that I had just spent a good 2 hours cleaning the kitchen, and I felt like Chiaki Shinichi from Nodame. =P
Anyhow, Tyler and his roommate came over and we had so much fun talking about the mission while I finished cleaning and made the food. Sasuga boys, they just sat and talked while I made the food. Sterling handed me the noodles when I needed them, but that's about it. Ok and he chopped all the stuff. I actually didn't mind, I could still cook and talk with them and so it was all good. I felt kind of bad for Braden (Tyler's roommate) cuz he went to Australia, Chinese speaking on his mission so he had to sit through all our mission stories without much to say that we would understand. =P
But Braden was a good sport and I tried to talk to him about his mission. There are similarities among missions (like THAT companion) or you can compare mission presidents (President Hill wins) so it's not too bad. And turns out that Braden used to live in AZ and he was wearing a filiberto's shirt and so we talked about that and how amazing it is. Seriously, its so cheap for how much food you get and we definitely wanted to go. Even though I was making delicious yakisoba. haha.
After lunch/dinner (we started at 1 but I spent so much time cleaning that we didn't eat til like 4) Braden was nice enough to do the dishes and I made Sterling make the hot chocolate so we could slam Tim Tams! Woo hoo! It was so fun, and because Braden served in Australia, he knew what Tim Tams were too! And by the way, Tim Tams and mint hot cocoa are a beautiful combination! That's Sterling and Tyler Jan Ken Po'ing for the last Tim Tam. Tyler won =P
So afterwards, Tyler and Braden left to take Tyler's ski's into the ski shop and I went with Sterling to run errands because I didn't want to go home yet. We went grocery shopping and I broke this week's budget on 83 cent margarine. Haha, well actually cuz I got a 50 dollar backpack this week (totally worth every penny by the way) I went over budget this week by like 10 dollars, but I needed margarine for my cooking adventures tomorrow so I sacrificed my budget. I started a weekly budget and I only have about 80 dollars a week to spend...which still seems really high but I guess its cuz I'm not living at home anymore.
Anyhow, it was really fun. Now I'm home and I'm writing my blog and listening to the music that Sterling gave me. It's amazing! He's educating me in the sounds of American Rock music...I only know oldies (not a bad thing) and Japanese music haha. I had no idea what I was missing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?