When last we left me, I was making lots of new friends! I still am...though I think I suffer from some kind of Returned Missionary disease called "I don't really remember HOW to make friends" but whatever. Just like I don't understand how things get from "he's cute" to "let's get married" (I heard that in a conversation last night), I'm not quite sure how all my friends went from "you're cool" to "let's hang out all the time!" =P
Anyhow, this week has been full of all kinds of fun, starting with 2 all nighters and sleeping in and missing class! I know I didn't put that in the episode title, though it was a very big event in my life...there was just not enough room for it in the title and I think people would rather read something about cake than about missing class. Don't worry, it's not a lie...I do intend to mention cake. =P
So last weekend, I had 3 papers to write and I failed miserably in my endeavor. Monday found me holed up in my room with writers block to the extreme. My roommate took pity on me and dragged me (that's really a relative term because all she ACTUALLY did was say the word "cupcake") out of my room and to the cupcake cafe down the street.
The cupcakes are kind of, well, they're cupcakes. But what I love about that place is their drinks. The place is like Starbucks for Mormons. Seriously. all those fancy sounding lattes and stuff at starbucks? They have stuff like that here but its all hot chocolate! And it's made from roasted cocoa beans so its REALLY good. Don't believe me, go try it!
Now that I've advertised for the Cocoa Bean, let me move on.
So I struggled with my paper before finally quitting, resigned to go to the writing lab on Tuesday, and I got on with my other papers. I finished everything at 5am and slept on the couch so that I was sure to wake up. I figured that if I was in the living room, I would hear my roommates wake up and start doing stuff and I was more likely to get out of bed. I was right too, it worked!
So I went to class and then to the writing lab where I got lots of help from the wonderful tutor and felt entirely more prepared for my paper that night. I hadn't however, counted on chemistry...the bane of my existence. Before I could do my paper that night I had to tackle chemistry. AUGH. It took me until midnight to finish. Then once I started my paper again, though my thoughts were finally flowing, I still didn't finish til 5am.
My fatal mistake this time around was that after 2 days with no sleep, I went to sleep in the secluded comfort of my ROOM! Do you want to know how tired someone is after that long with no sleep? Allow me to illustrate.
I have 3 very loud alarms on my phone and the last one goes off at 7:30am. I woke up feeling strangely refreshed after only an "hour" of sleep and looked at the clock which read 10am. I slept soundly through all three of those alarms...which had been going off every 5 minutes since 6:30 am!!! Totally didn't hear them at ALL!
So basically, I stayed up all night to finish a paper that ended up being late anyhow. huh! fancy that!
I treated myself creamery ice cream and french fries to ease my pain. yum!
On Thursday it was my roommate, Candace's birthday and so I made a cake! It was so much fun and everyone loved it! They thought it looked pretty, even though it really didn't. But no one wanted to cut into it because it was pretty and it was fun to see everyone taking pictures of it. ^_^
Today I finished my Chemistry homework early, it only took half an hour! It was mostly matching things on the periodic table so it wasnt' hard, but I'm not gonna complain about that. So I have had all day to relax! I've just been watching movies all day and translating manga!
Today when I came home from school, Rebeckah and I wanted to have an adventure so we went to the flower shop to get new flowers for our table. They are very cute flowers. It's a little gerber daisy surrounded by poms. I have no idea what those are. haha. but they are cute! Afterwards we went to the cocoa bean and got hot chocolate. oh how delicious that stuff is!!!
I'm pretty much all out of money for the weekend (I put myself on a budget) so I'm just chilling here all weekend. I'm probably going to have a yakisoba and tim tam party with Tyler and Sterling tomorrow.
Right now, it is snowing outside. I just watched someone get pelted by a snowball and it was funny. Oh how pretty the snow is when you don't have to shovel it. ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?