Now, I was debating on whether or not to include this random bit of a rain cloud in my otherwise sunny and happy blog, but I figured, what's life without rain? And maybe, if someone ELSE here struggles with chemistry failures, they'll find a kindred spirit and cheer up. Cuz life is far too enjoyable really to worry about Chemistry grades. Even if they COULD potentially keep you out of the school of nursing.
Anyhow, we're not really dwelling on that. I resolved on my way home not to worry too much. There are plenty of ways to get my nursing degree so I don't have to give it up and I can still get it AND graduate from BYU should the worst happen and don't get accepted. (which is still a ways off in the future mind you, I just STARTED the pre-reqs!)
So ANYHOW, I figure I'll just talk to my teachers tomorrow and see if I can't figure out a plan for the rest of the semester, and then I moved on with my life cuz dwelling on a failed test wasn't going to change it.
It was pretty comical now that I look back on it, to watch my hopes get crushed as I viewed the scored on the TV. All the scores being shown were 90s or 80's and so as I scanned the list my hopes of passing would grow. Then, there in the midst of all the 90's was a glaring 58 and as I looked at the corresponding ID number...my hopes came crashing down and I imagine would have made a lot of noise if dreams had any real weight to them at all.
Now that sounds utterly depressing and I can assure you at the time it was, but its kind of funny in a cruel sort of way now. And if you wanna look at the cup half full for a minute, hey, I stood out from the crowd for a second there! =P
Anyway, I'll stop with the morbid humor and move onto things that truly ARE happy! Like recieving the word of God in a tiny leatherbound book!
You might think its coincidence but at the rate I've been getting packages in this place...I would say you're wrong. I've had packages sitting in the office for weeks and no one has told me...but today they told me. It's a tender mercy I'm telling ya.
Anyhow, as you can see, there are many packages of curry udon, a CD, some hi-chew, a keychain, and A NEW GAPPON! (Japanese triple combination). I had the curry udon for dinner and shared the peach hi chew with my roommates. I had an enjoyable evening talking with my roommates about boys...or listening to Kelli talk about boys. (She was trying to give a description of her ideal guy to Aaron so that he could find her someone to date) and I got lectured by Aaron because he apparently has an alarm set on his watch for 1am that tells him he should have been in bed an hour ago...so he was up last night when I was studying chem and I didn't call him for help. If I had KNOWN he was up I TOTALLY would have called. Well, now I know.
So that is the tale of how I survived my first midterm session (actually I still have Japanese tomorrow...and if I fail that I MIGHT commit seppuku haha) and how the package fairy visited me in my hour of need, bearing deliciousness from Japan and a brand new gappon! And a cool Ghibli CD. And thus we see that by small and simple means, are great things brought to pass. No really, you can CLEARLY see the difference. ^__^
Tomorrow will be a grand day too because I am going to the asian market with my new friend Shelia. I met her in my Human Development class and she's from China. We're going to make mochi tomorrow cuz she used to go to BYU-Hawaii and her friends there taught her how! I'm super excited!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?