Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Episode 6: In Which Jessica Eats a Pig's Ear and WAY Too Many Cupcakes


For the record, pigs ear, even when its cooked, looks raw and tastes raw. Other than that, there isn't much taste that I noticed. It was just pretty gross. I look like I'm happily eating it, but that's cuz I refuse to be a pansy...I couldn't swallow it for like 10 minutes =P


For Family Home Evening last night we did fear factor. Each of us had to take a turn and randomly choose a numbered plate. Rebekah figured out that they were numbered in order of grossness factor but that didn't spare us from being the brave souls to partake of the disgusting stuff. I ended up with pigs ear, which I bravely ate without showing my disgust. Rebekah had to eat pigs feet, Kelli and Rhiannon got the wonderful task of eating the chicken's feet, and Candace luckily enough got off with baby food. The only thing worse than what the girls had to eat was silk worms...which even I couldn't bear to touch. The boys were such pansies... Though I must give Steve credit for eating the silk worms even though it wasn't his turn and Gary must be acknowledged for his bravery in attempting the silk worms, even if we had to coerce him into getting up there in the first place.

It was pretty gross but it was pretty fun. And at least I know I'm not a baby. I was actually the first girl to volunteer to go up. I came home to cupcakes that Rhiannon made on sunday...they were left all alone on the counter with an implied "Eat Me" sign on them, so how could I resist? I ate like 4 while attempting to tell myself I was washing the pig's ear down. Then I went to bed.


This morning I got up and decided I wanted to tie my braids over my head like Heidi...how long could it take right? Uh, try 45 minutes cuz the bobby pins wouldn't hold. I finally finished and grabbed my shoes and a granola bar on my way out the door to run to class. Having spent so much time being vain and doing my hair, I had failed to look outside and see the blanket of snow everywhere. I had chosen my cloth sneakers today...my feet were wet and cold on the way to school. Luckily, God loves me so it was powdered snow, still wet and cold, but it takes much longer to penetrate any surface.

I came home to change after school and also pick up some packages in the complex office. Suikoden finally came! As did the USB cord I needed for my printer (Printed my nursing assignment out all by myself! its a wonderful printer!) and a letter from Elder Francis.
Elder Francis was my district leader in my last area and he totally cracks me up. I couldn't help but smile for the rest of the day just cuz I was thinking about his letter. I'll show you precisely why. See that letter right there? That's from him. He photocopied his hand and sent me a high five! That is the best thing I've ever seen! haha!

Tonight I went to the temple.(After eating the remaining 6 cupcakes for dinner haha!) It was strange being so close to the MTC on the very week of my two year mark (I entered the MTC on January 30th 2008). A million memories came flooding back to me all at once. It was like I could see the ghostly images of my memories everywhere I looked. I could see missionaries jumping from the fountain, and posing on the stairs, even though it was dark and no one was actually there. As I walked into the temple I felt strange because the last time I had walked through the doors of the Provo Temple, I was flanked on either side by Webb shimai (aka Amanda) and Beaufort Shimai (aka Kiku). As I changed in the dressing room I almost laughed as I remembered Webb shimai exclaiming that her feet were "kusai" when she took off her shoes.

I went with the relief society sisters to do baptisms but they have so many sisters that aren't endowed at the provo temple that they don't allow endowed sisters to participate in baptisms. I was the only one there that had received my endowments and so I went by myself to do big kid temple work =P

On my way out of the temple I was walking through the parking lot and I saw a huge mound of snow in the corner. The ghostly images were back and I could see my district posing on the mountain for a picture. I almost took a picture of it, empty and lonely as it was, just for old times sake.

I really miss my district. I see Sterling and Tyler pretty regularly of course, but I can't wait until Harris, Allen, Howe and Smith get back. And I'm super excited because Amanda is coming down to Provo to visit this weekend on our 2 year mark!

Upon returning home, my nostalgia was put on the back burner for my life now. I went with some of my friends to the cocoa bean! Yes...we frequent that place often. Gotta make sure it stays in business ya know!?! I got a mexican cocoa bean drink (cocoa and cinnamon) and I splurged and bought...a strawberry lemondade CUPCAKE! Yeah...I'm pretty sure that's all I ate today...and my tummy kinda doesn't like me right now, but oh well!

It was so much fun just to go and relax and laugh (a LOT) with my friends. And the strawberry lemondade cupcake was pretty darn good by the way. Not the BEST, but pretty good. ^_^ I'd like you all to note once again the adorable hair. I did get it to work...though I learned a valuable lesson in vanity. That's all for now! See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?