Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"What you think about when you don't think, shows who you really are"

I heard it once, or twice, from a general authority. That's how all Sunday School comments start out, so excuse me while I google it real fast.

Aha. It was President David O. McKay. Told you it was a general authority.

Anyhow, I am pretty sure that my job gets me about as far from thinking as possible since all I do is punch numbers into a phone and wait for the answering machine all day. And on the rare occasion that someone answers, well...we won't recount the embarrassing things I've done while rehearsing a memorized speech and they say something unexpected. =P

So exactly what DO I think about all day? I just monitored it for the last 5 minutes or so and I've compiled a list of who I was in the last 5 minutes.

1. An accountant-especially on Tax day my mind is constantly wandering to the finances
2. A pastry chef-it must be summer because I am dreaming about strawberry pie and blueberry pie. So maybe I'm flattering myself and I'm just a fruit pie, not a chef at all.
3. A photographer-I keep trying to forget it, but I keep planning photo shoots that will get me into the stinkin' program, even though I swear I just need a break. Just one week! Then you can bombard me, brain!
4. A cynic- this was my thought process in the space of 30 seconds or less: "I wonder what Andrew is doing now. He could be doing the massive pile of dishes in the sink. That would be a treat! ...nope. Don't be silly Jessica, you didn't say anything about the dishes before you left home so... he's watching One Piece" =P
5. And lastly, a housekeeper. It doesn't take much brain power to figure out how I came to that conclusion, but in case you need help it starts with "d" and ends in "ishes".

There you have it. Sadly, in the last 5 minutes, I was not a gardener. But it could be worse. I could be thinking about the last few episodes of "Jersey Shore" or something...so I guess I am in pretty good shape.

What do you think about when you don't think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?