Monday, April 30, 2012

My Last Week of Free Mornings

Next week, I'll be working from 8am til 5pm so this is my last week of sleeping in and enjoying the mornings. More importantly, I'm losing 4 hours of free time so I want to not only get myself on a schedule (because I've turned into an OCD mainiac lately) but I also want to make sure that I make the most of my remaining mornings.

I want to make a hot breakfast every morning for Andrew and myself. I can do this later as well, but since I have to shower in the mornings now (downfall of short hair: serious bed head. (upside: 5 minute showers)) I'll have to make them somewhat simple, if not pre-made once I start work in the morning. Now, I'll take advantage of the fact that I can shower after Andrew has left for the day since I have no place to be.

Work in the garden. This is actually sort of laughable since there isn't much work to be done. I planted a couple carrots this morning, but the last frost (and big planting day) isn't til the end of May. But I find that mornings are the best time to work.

Get lunches ready. Right now, Andrew comes home just before school and before I go to work, so we can eat lunch together, provided it is ready. I should enjoy that while it lasts.

Make Granola Bars. I made some last week but they're almost gone. (curse my too small oven) so I've got to make some more this week. They aren't hard to throw together so they're a perfect lazy morning activity.

Finish the puzzle. Andrew and I started a jigsaw puzzle last weekend. It's one of those crazy "all blue sky and water" ones. I still don't know why I bought it...I hate those puzzles. But we started it and since its just sitting on the coffee table, it just begs to be worked on at one's leisure. (best purchase ever: coffee table. Seriously, I hate having to finish puzzles in one sitting just cuz they are in the way)

Work out 30 minutes. Laugh at me if you want, but I've been doing DDR every morning for 30 minutes. I know its not REALLY a workout, but it gets my heart rate up and it isn't jogging (I hate jogging) so I'm doing it.

So that's my morning plan. Not on the plan? Sleeping in. There is just no time for it and honestly, I hate the way I feel when I do.

My evenings this week should be fairly relaxed since most of the stuff will get done in the mornings. I do want to try to make sandwich bread this week but that might have to wait til the weekend. Let's be honest. Andrew will be home, the weather will be great, the sun won't go down til 8:30...will I really want to be inside? =P

The only thing on the agenda is: In bed, scriptures read, prayers said, by 11:00. (it's really too bad that 11 doesn't rhyme with 'bed', 'read', and 'said'...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?