Anyhow, on to my finals with built in dates. This week I had to write a photo essay about something having to do with the culture of Provo. Honestly I'm not nearly as confident about it as I was when I started the idea and I pretty much feel like I am going to fail, but that's not important right now. My idea was to highlight the way that the specific culture of Provo is reflected in the restaurants. Originally I intended to go to all the restaurants and basically take a bunch of pictures of them. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut I had no money so I couldn't do that. I was able to go to a couple of them and the rest I had to stand outside like a creeper and take pictures.
Anyhow, last night, Andrew and I went on a progressive dinner adventure so I could collect images. We started at Slab Pizza and oh it was delicious! Their pieces are the size of a quarter of a pizza and they have a billion different varieties. Andrew got the "real" Hawaiian Pizza. My family has this pet peeve about people throwing pineapple on things and calling them "hawaiian", but this pizza didn't just have pineapple on it, it had spam. Now THAT is legitimately Hawaiian. I got a Thai Chicken pizza with peanut sauce in place of tomato sauce and our friend Nate got a BBQ chicken pizza. All of it was delicious. I can't wait to go back and try a new flavor!
After we finished our pizza, we drove down the street to the new location of the Awful Waffle, which, don't let the name fool you, is not awful at all. It's a place that opened up just a bit ago and serves authentic style Leige and Brussels waffles. We got the Leige waffles because they are amazing. We've never actually tried the Brussels waffles. =P
While we waited for our food, we discovered that the tables were covered in chalkboard paint. Nate started drawing a picture depicting UVU and Andrew followed up to represent BYU. I have to admit, Nate's was more interesting, but since we were so close to BYU campus I took a picture of Andrew's drawing. That and I didn't realize what Nate was drawing until I uploaded the photos to my computer.
After eating our waffles we followed it all up with drinks from our classic go-to: Spark. Since I was focused on capturing the essence of Spark I didn't get any pictures of us, but I was rather proud of this one anyway.
I was also proud of this one, even though we didn't go to the Velour. Or Muse. Or the Echo Theater.
And for my final in one of my other classes, I get to go Geocaching. Not sure how I got so lucky with these finals but I can't complain. Without them, Andrew and I would probably be watching a movie on Netflix for our date...again. =P
Wow, Provo seems more exciting than it was when I left. Spark had just opened and we never went and I don't recognize either of the other places you ate at.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how long Slab has been open...I feel like it's been open at least since I moved here but it could still be relatively new. The awful waffle is pretty new (and pretty delicious). There have been quite a few new places opening up recently though...honestly sometimes my growing list of places to try is all that keeps me going from day to day. =P (It also depresses me because I have no monies. =P)
Delete