Monday, March 11, 2013

Thoughts on Impulse

Do you ever get that impulsive urge to do something crazy? Something that probably isn't good for you, but you wonder what it would be like anyway? You know, like "I wonder what it would feel like if I just stuck my foot under the tire of this car as it backs out". Of course you would NEVER do it, but you can't help but wonder anyway.

Then there are the times when you actually WOULD do it...like on Sunday when when I came home from church and there were two huge farm geese hanging out across the street. When I say farm geese I mean the ones that are probably about as tall as you from webbed foot to giant beak and are typically of a vicious nature. Basically not Canadian geese....not that I've ever tested the temperament of a Canadian goose.

At any rate, there were 2 huge geese across the street. I don't have any idea where they came from, its a very random thing to see in a Provo neighborhood, especially so far from the BYU duck pond (which doesn't have geese anyway). And I was struck with this indescribable urge to take a stick and poke them, just to see if they'd bite me. I WANTED to go get chased by a blood-thirsty goose. At least the part of my brain that controls my impulses suggested I use a stick instead of my finger. =P

Unfortunately (or lucky for me) by the time I changed out of my Sunday clothes, the geese had vanished and I never got to poke them. :(

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good thing that the goose was gone. It might've had you for lunch! :P

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?