That's right. I ate breakfast. Not just any breakfast. I had muffins. And if you all know me...they were not just any muffins, they were fresh baked muffins.
Take THAT mornings!
Psh...muffins are among the easiest things to make in the world, I'm not sure why anyone spends money on the "instant" muffin mixes at the store...except maybe so they can have blueberry muffins...because I have no blueberries.
Anyhow, I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They're pretty darn good...even if I did accidentally double the baking soda. oops.
But still, muffins STILL take half about 40 minutes from start to finish (10 minutes prep, 30 baking) so how did I manage to do it and get to school by 8?
Simple. I made the batter last night. I made it, portioned it into the cups and put it in the fridge. This morning I got up at 6:40, threw them in the oven, and went back to bed (setting my alarm of course).
Viola! 7am, warm, fresh muffins.
Why didn't I think of it before?
Well, the truth is I thought of it weeks ago. I just....never had time at night. I know, sad huh? I don't even have 10 minutes to throw together muffin batter.
But last night I was lucky because I finished my drawing super fast (It looks amazing...even if it is a paper bag...which I've drawn 600 times now...I'm NEVER getting paper bags at the grocery store again) and my 2D teacher hasn't given us a new assignment. It was sooooooooo nice!
So I did laundry (by hand because the change machines at the laundromat were broken and we won't have time for laundry again til Saturday...fast track to arthritis, that is =P), made snickerdoodles (for Andrew because he had his program to write all night), and made muffin batter. Somehow, lunches didn't seem as important as muffins last night so I had breakfast, but I won't have lunch =P
Oh, and also I had time to finish my book. Which is good, because it's due on Friday. And also Andrew WASN'T up all night, he came to bed around 2:30. Hooray!
Anyhow, if you ever feel like you oughta have fresh muffins in the morning, I highly recommend making the batter the night before. Super easy! :)
You've become quite the blogger! How shall I ever keep up :P And I certainly wouldn't mind if you came and made us muffins in the morning... Silly Utah
ReplyDelete