Friday, May 4, 2012

A Need for Companionship

As I type this, Stargirl, the rat that we've been babysitting is running all across the couch and up my arm to sit on my shoulder.

We've been babysitting her for a couple days now and Andrew tells me that our friend, Nate, is going to come pick her up sometime tonight probably. It's been a fun couple of days. I had rats before I went on my mission and I absolutely loved them. She's also helped solve the lonliness issue I have when Andrew is away from home. (Because I'm a sap and I can't handle 1 hour away from Andrew...ok well I can handle it, but it doesn't mean I like it)

Anyhow, Andrew and I have discussed getting some kind of pet before (He wanted a chameleon...how is THAT going to keep me company) but we couldn't agree. Since having Stargirl, I know a rat has really grown on him. He gets sad when she abandons his shoulder for mine. =P

I'll miss her when she's gone. It's been too fun having her around and really nice to have the companionship while Andrew is away.

In the end though, its a good thing that I'm starting work full time next week, because as much as I want one, we can't really afford a pet of any kind. (except a fish...cuz those never have to go to the vet. but who wants a fish?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?