Andrew and I went to see the Avengers on Tuesday. I had promised we'd see it Saturday but we got there after matinee prices were over and I just couldn't fathom spending 8.50 a person on tickets. Lucky for us, Andrew finished his homework quickly on Tuesday and we were able to grab a show at the Wynnsong theaters at the Riverwoods. Things are just cheaper there on Tuesdays. 7.50 a ticket for 3D? Please! (I don't actually condone 3D showings, but Andrew loves them).
We even got popcorn and drinks for 4.50 total (1.50 per popcorn and drink (we only got 1 drink)).
Now that I'm done advertising for them, I'll move on.
I really enjoyed the Avengers. I am not a fan of superhero movies but I haven't much minded Iron Man, Captain America, and I really liked Thor. Do most people think Thor is the weakest of those 3? Yes. However, I'm a sucker for mythology so I'm completely biased.
Anyhow, I was actually looking forward to the Avengers. Not nearly as much as Andrew, who just HAD to see it ASAP (I could have waited for the dollar theaters) but I did want to see it. I wasn't disappointed either. I feel there was something for everyone in the movie, even a little romance if you really want to stretch yourself, but its a stretch.
Better than what it had, is what it didn't have. It was a clean film with maybe 2 mild swear words. It is not a film I would hesitate to take a young child to (we're talking like 6 year old, young) so long as they wouldn't get scared by the big things on the screen. (Hey! I dove under my seat when the Beast was fighting Gaston, ok!?). What I'm saying is that the action scenes MIGHT be a bit intense for scaredy-cat kids but on the whole I don't think it would be a problem, there was hardly any blood either.
The movie was funny in all the right places and there was plenty of action. I can't say a bunch for character development, most of the characters were developed in their own movies, but I didn't think them flat or boring either. I liked them all.
The story line was solid enough as well. It was believable enough while still maintaining that fantastical superhero feel to it. Mostly, its just a fun movie that you can relax and enjoy. Not much to think about there, but that's part of what made it good. And I didn't feel it was too long either, which is a feat considering that lately I have trouble sitting through anything longer than 2 hours. (It's 2 and a half hours, but give yourself more time because you have to stay through all the credits).
So that's what I thought. Really, I can't find anything wrong with the movie at all. Long story short, I enjoyed it.
Now I'm trying to figure out what book to check out from the library. You would think that of my gigantic 110 book "to read" list, narrowing it down would be the problem. Nope. It's finding a book that the library actually carries, that is checked in. Oh why did budget cuts have to affect the libraries first?!
I saw something on Pinterest once that said "Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries"
False. If I had money I could just go to the bookstore and bypass all this nonsense. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?