Friday, May 25, 2012

Bit By the Bug

We have screens on our doors now so thank goodness I haven't been bit by any REAL bugs lately, but I've been bitten by the gardening bug.

My garden is finally growing. I have about 15 bean plants growing, my kabocha squash decided to come say hello, and my cucumbers poked their heads out as well. The tomatoes are doing fine now that they are in the ground after a long adventure just trying to find them. (all the nurseries were sold out of Early Girl tomatoes). We actually got two varieties this year, Early Girl and Better Boy. The Better Boy tomatoes supposedly get to be 1 pound! I'm gonna see how they fare this year. Early Girl was my huge producer last year and now I should have twice the tomatoes at least since I have 2 plants instead of 1. *crosses fingers*

We plan to make and can tomato soup with all the tomatoes we get. My mom is bringing her pressure canner up her in July.

We're planting corn this weekend...and I might get greedy and plant MORE tomatoes. =P

Oh yeah, and my broccoli plant is chugging along.

But now, I want to plant a cutting garden. It's a garden specifically for cutting flowers. I suppose its so that you don't ruin your landscaping by cutting all the flowers off. Anyhow, there are so many flowers I want to plant! I've filled my pinterest with them. Here is one I REALLY want to plant. Don't you think it looks so pretty!?


Oh that I could turn back time and plant flowers too. This is a summer flower so I suppose I COULD plant it now...but I'd have to order the seeds and then figure out where to plant it. Next year I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?