Today I headed out for a wonderful lunch in the sunshine. I had leftover thai food and a new book (because in case you hadn't heard, I finished Emma!)
Fate was against me from the beginning. It was actually cloudy out and not nearly as warm as I had been anticipating given that it was nearly 90 yesterday. I picked out a spot on a lawn opposite where I usually sit because all the lawns near my building are taken over by some crazy construction project.
I laid down and the grass was a tad damp so I moved over and everything was fine. Lunch was wonderful but I couldn't read my book because the wind was too strong. (thank goodness I chopped all my hair off because it surely would have gotten in my curry and ruined lunch too!)
I finished eating and packed up but before I stood up of course, I rolled over right into a mud puddle.
So here I am sitting in my office chair with jeans that won't dry out because I'm sitting on them, and I can hardly concentrate on making all my phone calls because wet jeans itch like crazy.
EDIT: Actually I'm not at work. I'm at home. I couldn't manage to finish the blog because I couldn't sit still. My pants are dry now. Thanks for asking.
I'm gonna start at the bottom and say I love your edit :p
ReplyDelete(and I'm glad your pants eventually dried).
Geez - kissing, driving, and eating are like the top 3 times when longer hair really does seem to get in the way! :P