Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Short Hair Miracle

Ok guys, its pretty much no secret that money hasn't been nearly as good to us this year as it was the first year of our marriage. I blame the government. No really. I swear we paid 30 percent of our income in taxes. Is that even legal!?

Anyhow, so we're just kinda recovering from that and I went and got a haircut. What?! We're poor and I got a haircut!? K first off, let me say I went to the beauty school so it was cheap. (helps that my friend is going to school there). Second, they aren't kidding when they say beauty salons are recession proof! I needed a haircut, k?!

But I am convinced that that haircut was the blessing that we needed. Aside from giving me TONS more time in the morning and much less stress, it knocked 40 dollars of our gas bill this month!

Ok...so apparently what REALLY happened was that the price of gas went down so they gave us a rebate on our bill so it was only 4 dollars this month buuuuuuuut, I'm still convinced my hair has something to do with it. I don't even need to take hot showers anymore because by the time I'm done, I barely have had time to register the temperature!

Really the moral of this story is that sometimes, the Lord gives you answers to your prayers after a very long trial of faith, and sometimes, he gives them to you 12 hours later! (No joke, I literally prayed last night that we'd be able to pay all our bills this week.)

I still think He blessed me through my hair though. :)

2 comments:

  1. 30%!?!?!?
    Ugh - that's SO not right! X_X!

    But Hooray for shorter hair, quicker showers, and lower gas bills!

    Your hair is magical (and so is Heavenly Father).

    I'm happy you guys were able to manage with bills this month, ya'll lock things down in a very legit way (spiritually and financially) - I'm not even married and yet I look to you guys as inspiration for my future marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!?

      And yes. Cutting my hair off is the best thing I ever did in my life...besides marrying Andrew...and going on a mission...and being born!

      And awwwwwwww. I just feel so special now! I'm a role model! If it helps, you've always reminded me of myself at whatever age (20 when you were 20, etc) so I'm pretty sure you'll lock things down in a legit way too! :) If that sounds full of myself, its probably cuz I have cute hair and therefore I am full of myself. =P

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?