Friday, May 25, 2012

Pet Peeve Part 2

I've mentioned before that I dislike it when people call a number simply because it is on the caller ID. It makes me crazy that they have to call back and say "I got a call from this number?", like maybe it was someone calling to tell them that they won the lottery or maybe it was a long lost cousin or something.

Um...don't you think if it was that important, they'd have left a message?

It's that same curiosity that gets people to answer the phone at completely inappropriate times too. (mind you, I have my serious doubts as to whether or not they are actually engaged in the activity they say they are most times). For instance, I called a guy and we got all the way to the part where I said I was calling from BYU and then all of a sudden it was illegal to talk on the phone in the car in CA and he had to go.

I suppose he would rather have gotten a ticket while talking to a friend. WHY DID YOU ANSWER THE PHONE AT ALL IF IT IS ILLEGAL!?

Other times, they are at a restaurant, at work, or with family. Again, why did you answer the phone in the first place? Is your family really that unimportant to you that if your friend calls, you would talk to your friend? That's the impression I get. "Oh. You aren't someone I want to talk to, so I have time for my family. Now if you were my golfing buddy, I'd probably have all the time in the world for you even though I'm playing frisbee with my kids"

My favorite: "I'm doing great, but I'm a teacher and I'm in the middle of class. Can you call back, later?"

...you just answered the phone...in class...?

Geez. If you don't know the number and you're busy...just don't answer. If it's important, they'll leave a message. -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?