Monday, October 10, 2011

Episode 81: In Which Jessica Enjoys Cold Weather and Does NOT Enjoy Hearts and Also Considers Privatization

On the note of the blog going private, I've noticed there are traffic sources to my blog from some REALLY random pages/there's some weird guy I've never met following my blog.

I know I know...if I wasn't married I'd be the stingy old maid who never talked to anyone. Instead I'm the stingy old married woman who posts publicly about her life on her blog...but doesn't want anyone to read it. Go figure. =P

Anyhow, the decision is forthcoming...privatizing your blog is really kind of a pain in the butt. Actually it's not that that is hard, it is allowing people access to your blog even though it is private that's a pain. As there have been no strange people following me home lately...I guess its ok to still be public right now.

Yay its raining!!!

Ahem, sorry, momentary distraction.

So anyhow, I've been looking at a LOT of photography lately. Here in Provo there is a big market for family photographs, engagements, weddings, maternity, and infant photography so I figured I'd better start looking in to what everyone has to offer.

Some pictures are REALLY cute.

And some...aren't.

What REALLY bothers me....is hearts.

Yes. Hearts.

Hearts are good in their own place I suppose...but just like my 2D design teacher can't stand curly-cues (how do you spell that?) I can't stand hearts....but I see them EVERYWHERE!

You've seen them too. The engagement shot where they couple links arms and make a heart...the shot where the groom puts his hands on the bride's back in the shape of a heart, the husband making a heart over the pregnant woman's belly....and the mother holding her child's feet in...a heart.

Is anyone else feeling a tad bit ill yet?

All I'm asking is for a little creativity here...a little more emotion. How often are you supposed to show you love your significant other, child, grandma, dog, whatever? EVERYDAY! But do we give them hearts everyday!?!

My point, after much ranting, there are SO many more ways to convey the emotion of attachment, longing, affection, and bonding...WITHOUT a heart.

I'm not saying hearts can't be used...ok I probably did say that. I'm just saying be creative with it if you HAVE to use it. I saw a picture where the couple was framed behind a break in the leaves that VAGUELY resembled a heart...and it was beautiful. (Kaylynne, yes, it was a Scott Jarvie Picture...no I'm NOT biased!!! =P) There is a time and place for all things, but for the love of all that is good in the world PLEASE choose a photographer (or BE a photographer) who knows the meaning of "a picture says a thousand words" because when I see this...the only word that comes is "heart"

Actually this is a drawing...but you get the idea
Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?



I just decided that hearts ruin nearly ALL photographs. What the crap IS this ^? Does anyone ELSE think it would be a better picture but for the heart!?!

Maybe if I just stayed off Pintrest I'd be ok... =P

In other news did I mention it was raining?! :)

Now that you've graciously stuck through my soap box (or maybe skipped it), I'll end on a happier note. I'm sorry, I had to get all that out because it's been driving me crazy.

Last Friday it was pretty cold and rainy. Has anyone seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Because the weather reminds me of it...the part where Spring gave Summer the slip and went directly into Fall. Only Fall was the one slipped this time. I like winter but I'm kind of sad that our early snow knocked all the leaves off the trees before I could go enjoy them...but oh well because now I'm in my element. Cold gloomy weather that calls for curling up with a cup of hot cocoa and a good....art project? *sigh*

I did get to curl up with a good book on Friday though! Normally Andrew and I have date nights on Saturday because he doesn't get home until 8:30 on Fridays (almost 9 last friday) and then after dinner...what are we going to do?

Well, we DID do something this last week, on a complete whim. After months of waiting, The Count of Monte Cristo on CD came in at the library and Andrew and I decided to listen to it together (after trying to read it ourselves but having to make up every other word for the Frenchiness of it). Andrew was cleaning up dinner (tomato soup and grilled cheese...perfect winter dinner) and I went into the living room to set the disc up. When I walked into the room I noticed our large pile of blankets in the corner so I hurriedly set up a blanket fort in the middle of the living room, set up the disc, and went into the kitchen where Andrew had put the kettle on to boil for the new tea he got (which is super good smelling, it has cloves and cinnamon and vanilla in it!) and cider for me (because I am not a tea person).

In about 5 minutes we had our perfect date all set up as we snuggled down into the fort with our steaming mugs and enjoyed an hour of listening to The Count of Monte Cristo as the rain continued to fall outside.

Best. Date. Ever. (and only two hearts...but they were hidden from view =P)

Period. :)

1 comment:

  1. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?