I was also a bit sad because Andrew and I haven't had much chance to go on vacation by ourselves yet. Lehi was our only "vacation" as just us two. Well and backpacking last year. But each of those was overnight and not very far from our house.
Today though, I looked up the place we would be staying for the reunion and it looks super fun. It has a lake with boats and stuff. :) I mapped out a route from here to there to see how long the drive would take and we get to cross the Tacoma Narrows Bridge! I'm a nerd but I've wanted to see that bridge ever since this video
Ha ha don't worry...its not like that anymore. I won't die. =P
But even better than that, I tweaked the route that Google maps gave me and found out that going through Mt. Rainier National Park only took us an hour out of our way!
I figured that would be worth driving through but then an idea struck me. What if we left a day early and spent the night in the park! We can't check into the reunion site til 5 and its only 3 hours from Rainier. It would be brilliant! I even checked and there are campsites available for the day we want to stay. :)
If we can't leave early, oh well. We'll have a good drive anyhow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?