Yep! It is official! I made the reservation last night at a campground in Rainier National Park! (Does anyone have as much trouble spelling that as me? Seriously, it's just "Rain-ier" but I always spell it "Ranier" if I'm not concentrating. What is wrong with me!?)
Now Andrew and I just have to decide which hike(s) we're going to take. The reunion is only 2 and a half hours away so we'll have plenty of time to enjoy the park. We can make at least one 3 mile hike, and maybe some smaller ones.
I have to start planning what to pack and make a menu. And I have to figure out where to get firewood so we can eat. I'm thinking s'mores are a must and I'll have to get some real marshmallow (another word I have issues spelling) stick since all we use now is skewers. It's a whole different game when you're roasting marshmallows over a fire instead of a grill.
It'll be August so I don't think there will be many wildflowers in Paradise Meadows (which is the area of the park we're staying in) but I think it will still be grand all the same. Oh and of course we'll have to get a PAPER map! I'm so excited! We're both going on a route we've never been before! I have a general idea from Google maps but I refuse to navigate from Andrew's phone. First off, what if we need the map and we have no reception? Second, I can only imagine the pain of sliding across the screen trying to find where we need to go, only to miss our turn because I can't find it on that tiny screen.
Nope technology, you will have no place in my vacation. It is no secret that I dislike you anyhow.
A PAPER map! Maybe I will frame it. Oh...but then I can't use it anymore. Ohhhhhhhhhh I can hardly wait!!!
We'll also be going through Yakima so we'll stop and get fresh fruit on the way in and the way back. Oh Washington fruit! I can almost taste you now!
If you can't tell, I am beyond excited. This is better than Christmas! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep for a whole month until we leave! I'm gonna go make an advent calendar!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?