Last year, we discovered that we had no air conditioning. Well, we did...but it doesn't work very well. It got pretty warm in our little apartment but we survived. I thought it would be ok.
Last year, we didn't have temps in the triple digits. We hardly had a day over 90. We had rain.
Yesterday it was about 97 outside and in our house, with the fan blowing on high directly at us from 2 feet away, it didn't feel a degree cooler than 85. It could be because our house was 87 degrees. And temps are supposed to get into the 100s by the end of next week.
The little spray bottle that I bought from wal-mart for a dollar is my best friend. I spend my afternoons laying prostrate in front of the fan and spraying myself down liberally.
So much for a summer of getting through that huge list of recipes I wanted to try on Pinterest. I made pot pie and banana bread on Saturday and the sweat was dripping down my neck. No. I won't be cooking much this summer it seems.
I guess I'll try making ice cream instead. Do I have an ice cream maker? No. So it could turn out alright...or it could turn out like that time I thought I could make waffle cones in a frying pan or in the oven.... =P
Thank goodness for work. At least 5 days a week I can spend the better part of the day in the AC. Too bad church isn't at 1 anymore. I could use that 3 hours in the middle of the day =P
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?